Using TV as second monitor but it's too zoomed in

L-Thornton

Reputable
Oct 28, 2014
Can anyone help me this this? I've got my main monitor for my computer which is a resolution of 1280 x 1024(everything is fine on this monitor). Also my Tv resolution is 1920 x 1080 and although that's its resolution and i've set it as that its still zoomed. But then if i reduce the resolution in display setting by one bar which then goes to 1768 x 992 i then have black bars round the side. On the left and right the black bar is 1CM and along the top and bottom it's 1/2 a CM.
Please Help!!!

Solution
Sounds like your TV has overscan built in. You can adjust this in your Graphics card settings, usually under adjust display, OR sometimes the TV will have a way to turn Overscan off in the on-screen display of your TV. Try looking in both of these places. This is usually common to cut off artifacting edges for shows that are broadcast on television, but doesn't auto-adjust for PC inputs, so you have to dig for the setting.

CraigN

Distinguished
Sounds like your TV has overscan built in. You can adjust this in your Graphics card settings, usually under adjust display, OR sometimes the TV will have a way to turn Overscan off in the on-screen display of your TV. Try looking in both of these places. This is usually common to cut off artifacting edges for shows that are broadcast on television, but doesn't auto-adjust for PC inputs, so you have to dig for the setting.

Solution

BADBADNOTGOOD

Reputable
Dec 15, 2014

I was having this same issue, So I turned off overscan, and it fixed the zoom issue,to an extent. I no longer have cut off borders, but it now looks like the monitor has been down scaled, while my settings still show that it is displaying 1080p. Anything I can do to fix this?