Planning on getting a second monitor.

Saberen

Reputable
Jun 5, 2014
I plan on getting a second monitor soon but i don't know anything about the requirements. i currently have an Hp pavilion 23xi and i want a second monitorr. i don't want to play games on both i want to be able to surf the web on one monitor and play games on the other. Do the monitors need to be the same response time,resolution,size,ect..?

Solution
no you can mix and match monitors, what current monitor connections do you have on your graphics? just make sure the monitor you buy has the connection that is available on your graphic card availbe on your monitor.

Alfrodo

Reputable
Oct 7, 2014
Ideally, the monitors should be able to support the same resolutions and have similar height-to-width ratios (e.g., 16:9 or 16:10) to avoid distortion, but you don't have to worry too about having the exact same models, response times, or anything like that if you are not using both of them for gaming.

For example, I have a 23 inch Acer and a 22 inch Hans G, both of which support 1680 x 1050 resolutions. They work perfectly for multi-tasking.

dariens007

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
no you can mix and match monitors, what current monitor connections do you have on your graphics? just make sure the monitor you buy has the connection that is available on your graphic card availbe on your monitor.

Solution

Saberen

Reputable
Jun 5, 2014

would they both have to be dvi or could i have a dvi and a hdmi cable?