Suggestion should I buy new monitor cause of new GPU.

koljane

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2013
Hello Community :D

My configuration is:

I7 2600K
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Gforce 760 Mini Itx Gaming
Monitor is Phillips Brilliance 228C

My problem started when my Gforce 560Ti died and i had to buy new one, witch is Nvidia Gforce 760 Mini Itx Gaming.
The moment I installed it I saw that I have like electricity problem referring as waves on my monitor. Done all the things that were possibly and recommended from moving the electricity to changing DVI adapters, cables and doing config in NCP and finished up with putting HDMI cable that made that waves almost gone but still they are there if my eyes are fresh. Specialty on gray or white background.
Last i read about is that 760 is more powerfully then 560TI and that my monitor might have problems with refresh rate cause it can`t handle it and that is why i saw that flickering/waves.
Even when opening programs or browsing it somehow does not feel smooth, it is not that much but it just catches my eye as something that was never happening.
Do you have any suggestion cause i tried most I saw here on tom`s hardware or i should go with new monitor?
BenQ RL2455HM seams to have all I need but i am not sure should i buy new monitor at all or my problem is something else.

Please help me :(

cowboydude99

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013
Hi,
The current monitor is a 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz.
You can change the display settings in your nvidia control panel for what hz you want to use. Set it to 60 if it isn't.

The GPU and monitor are compatible.

It is possible you have a bad monitor, cable, or converter.

koljane

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2013
It is set to 60 and i changed VGA to HDMI cause with VGA + Converter i had much more Flickering. With 560ti i was running in 1680x1050 and now with 760 it is set to 1920 x 1080@ 60 HZ. But before i changed GPU all was fine but i don`t know how monitor can go bad by just switching to higher resolution it it is supported. Also i forgot to mention is that when i am watching a movie in BS player and the action in move is fast i see horizontal tearing in the upper part of the screen but it is alright when is not fast paced. On the other hand i don`t see that when playing in in VLC player. But even in VLC it looks like to me that frame rate is not that smooth or it is cause of refresh rate, that i cant figure it out.

cowboydude99

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013
Unless the 760 has a bad HDMI port... I don't know what else it could be. HDMI cables don't cause artifacts, so it isn't that.

If you have a TV or another monitor to test, that is the easiest way to test if it is this particular monitor, or the gpu port (hdmi).

I am also wondering if you PSU is causing these screen ripples. Can you plug this monitor into another device? Maybe a laptop or ps3/ps4/xbox/cable box? Do you see the screen issues with other devices?

koljane

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2013
Ok, I tried my monitor with XBox 360 and did`n saw any trembling or tearing while playing Fifa and i`we entered in few games and didn`t saw trembling at all. Only on one web site i see a lot of trembling on the left and right side of their page (www.traxsource.com). But still i feel web pages when loading to be a bit chunky. And every time i go to Google i see that monitor if fiting screen to the center like he is calibrating or something. Did try to tes my GPU and I think that results are not that good but I think that i am not professional enough to judge it.
Did 3DMark 11 test and my score for extreme level was: Graphic score 4280, Physical 8001 and Combined 5024.
For Performance was: 8027 overall.

koljane

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2013
I managed to connect my PC to my TV and my screen was not fitting the TV resolution still I managed to play some movies and try some web pages and specially the one i mentioned and didnt saw any flickering or waves at all. Even tho the picture on my TV was not that good :D