Can't get picture on my monitor

jamiewilmer

Reputable
Oct 30, 2014
I have recently upgraded everything on my computer except the monitor and GPU, the system is running perfect on Windows 7.
The GPU is an ATI 7970, I had a disaster with this a few months ago and the water cooling block leaked on it, after I cleaned it up and dried it out it has worked perfectly until I attached it to my new computer.
Now I don't know if it's the monitor giving the problem or the GPU, both worked fine on my old computer.

The problem I have is when I turn my computer on there's a 50/50 chance whether the monitor shows anything or not, to solve the problem I detach the leads to the monitor, take out the GPU then reseat it and attach the leads an this 90% of the times works, today's however no matter what I do I can't get a picture.
The weird thing is when I turn it on if there is nothing showing I have to turn it off and do this to get a picture, when the screen works however I never have any problems while it running and it all runs fine.

I don't have a spare monitor to test so I'm not sure if it's worth buying a new monitor as it is very old and probably needs replacing or if I broke my GPU and it's finally given in.

Any help would be great.

Solution
I would say that it is the graphic card but you need to be sure. Have you got integrated card? I say remove the graphic card and connect the monitor to the integrated card on the motherboard and see if it happens again.

goku1234567890

Distinguished
I would say that it is the graphic card but you need to be sure. Have you got integrated card? I say remove the graphic card and connect the monitor to the integrated card on the motherboard and see if it happens again.

Solution