Does anyone know when some info on Beema /AM1 upgrades is due ?

Oct 1, 2014
I'm trying to figure out where AM1 will take me in the long run. Can you help me ?
According to this article writen well over a year ago...: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-roadmap-kabini-beema-excavator,24029.html

...the Kabini-based APUs would be hitting shelves starting Q1 2014, initially with only entry-level models... .
They did hit the shelves and the best of them is clocked at 2.05GHz.

...(Performance models are likely to follow.) The APUs will use the ST3 socket for mobile devices and socket FS1B for desktops. ... Mass production is said to begin in February 2014 with an official announcement following in March.

Beema, the successor to Kabini, is expected to launch either during 2H14 or 1H15.
Shouldn't there be some news about it by now ? I found something about Beema and Mullins on the net, but they sound like FM2+ APUs with low TDP, the highest clock being at 2.4 GHz. No mentions about sockets. (Btw, Is the rumored Carrizo FM2+ ?)

Does anyone know what the roadmap for AM1 is or how long till I can make an informed decision regarding what socket to buy into ? Low clocks are very discouraging given that single-thread performance wise they should be worse than a an Intel celeron. Give me a 3 GHz Soc someday in a near future and I don't care about the extra 20$ or even 45W instead of the 25W TDP - it'd still be low end compared to an i7. Or is that beyond the technical bounderies of an AM1 motherboard ?

Ps. After writting all of this I found out that these are sort of for tablets. Is assuming a 3 GHz SOC foolish ?

Oct 1, 2014
The above quote led me to believe this successor, Beema, will also be for FS1b/AM1.

Turns out the AMD A8-6410 APU is already out, but for a different socket: BGA769 (FT3b), and yes, it hits 2.4GHz..

Where do I look for a roadmap for FS1b ?? Help !

Update. I'll go nuts. According to wikipedia...
Puma is a low-power SoC microarchitecture by AMD. It succeeds Jaguar and targets the same market, with the Beema line of processors aimed at low-power notebooks, and Mullins targeting the tablet sector.
ad while AM1 is mentioned as a socket for Puma's not one CPU listed uses it. I can't find any with google either.

Did AMD ditch AM1 already ?!

Update. Just in case someone else needs this info (it took me a day to put this together)...
On a french forum people speculate that there'll be a Beema for AM1 after all somewhere mid 2015. The mobile versions use 15W and the best SOC benchmarked is actually performing 4% worse than the currently best for AM1, the Athlon 5350...

If they decide to put the same unmodified SOCs on FS1b and the only change is the socket that will be a disaster for those hopping to upgrade. Or can they scale things up to 25W and boost performance ?

As a side not I find it terrible that there's barely anything out there on the whole wide web about products that are actually out. I dare you to go to amd.com and search for beema. What am I doing wrong ? Why is AMD keeping people in the dark about their products ? Seriously...

Oct 1, 2014
I don't know if anyone is reading this, I didn't find anything about AM1 on this forum. It looks like I'm alone. But and maybe someone will find this info useful.

The next generation SoCs for AM1 were out in September. Or at least the news was, I don't speek spanish so I don't really know. All the info is on foreign pages and are even somewhat contradictory. According to spanish pages, the Pumas turned out to be more than Pumas, as they tweaked them somewhat and are called Puma+ The SoCs are called Beema-DT (desktop). Yet if you google the part number istead, you'll see that they claim to have Kabini's inside. Worse yet, they disabled the graphics on the chip ! Why would I buy AM1 if I have to buy a graphics card for it ? Like to whom does that make sense ? How is that a SoC anymore ?

They are called Athlon X4 530 and 550 respectively, with the 550 being clocked at 1,9 GHz ( 2.2 turbo) with a TDP of 25W.

They are essentially cripleware if you ask me. Even APU's have a GPU on board. This is astonishing cause there are real Puma's out for the Netbooks.

No AM1 for me. Ever.