Why does Youtube do this ??? Please HELP !

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterThomaz

Reputable
Oct 19, 2014
I've seen people upload full movies on YouTube. And I have read tons and tons of copyright laws online and terms and pretty much all about YouTube. I have had multiple channels. But I have never been able to figure out why this happens. On many occasions. When I upload a movie or a clip from a movie I get a " third party content " notification or a " video blocked in some countries " notification or " video blocked worldwide " notification. I know what all those mean. Sometimes though I don't get either one and the video acts as a normal video.

I know all about the copyright use laws. and how to use other peoples content and that I cant make money.

What I cant figure out is that even though I got a third party content copyright notification (meaning that I can have the video but I cant money off it, which is fine cause I only want views) after sometime the video gets taken down and I get a strike. YouTube is supposed to warn about this these things. Sometimes I don't even get any notifications and the video was fine and all of sudden my entire channel got taken down cause the video was taken down as an act of copyright, This is so wrong. YouTube has to warn me about these things, Though I'm using copyright content I'm obeying their laws. I mean if they don't want me to use their video there always supposed to show me a notifications ASAP stating that the video is blocked worldwide.

Could someone please tell me why YouTube does this? And I've seen people upload the same clip video of a movie and it doesn't belong to them, and nothing happens to the videos, but when i do it. something always happens.

USAFRet

Titan
Given the amount of uploads to Youtube every second, there is no way for them to positively monitor every single upload.

A lot falls through the cracks. Until someone reports it, or requests it be taken down.

YouTube has to warn me about these things,
No they don't. And can't do that proactively for 100% of uploads.

Solution?
Don't upload copyrighted content that you do not have the rights for.

Wolfshadw

Titan
More than likely, your account has been flagged by YouTube content managers and from time to time, they review you channels. If they find material that has a copyright, they remove it. They do this regardless of whether you have permission to use the content or not because just because you go through all the trouble to get permission, doesn't mean the next person does.

Sorry to say, but content web sites like YouTube have to manage for the greatest common idiot. It's just easier to remove all copyright content than it is to check to see if you have permission to use it.

-Wolf sends

*Note, I don't have a YouTube account and have never uploaded any content. Nor do I have any affiliation with YouTube, so I may be completely off base here.

Its not youtube's job to keep you from breaking the law or to inform you if you have. What they will do is delete material they feel could get them into trouble. Dont like the way youtube deals with your content, or in this case, other peoples content that you supposedly have permission to use, perhaps you should host your own web site?

MasterThomaz

Reputable
Oct 19, 2014

what I do is, I have a channel. and I upload short clips taken from movies and tv shows and etc, The clips are mostly bikini & Swimsuit & lingerie and sexy actress scenes.( for example: Halle berry bikini scene in James Bond and Angelina Jolie bikini scene in tomb raider.) There is no nudity involved. I want to upload multiple videos as such to channel not to ever make money but to get views. How could I possibly do this without getting such errors and strikes and etc. ??even though there is no nudity do i still have to apply the age restrictions ??

Wolfshadw

Titan
Your only recourse is to make contact with YouTube and plea your case. Be ready to provide proof that you have permission to repost this copyrighted content. Also be ready to accept the fact that even if you do have permission, YouTube may *STILL* remove any content you post. Here's the scenario YouTube is likely trying to avoid:

1) You gain permission from content owners to post copyrighted content.
2) User B sees YouTube allows you to post copyrighted content on their site.
3) User B decides since you're allowed to post copyrighted content, so is he.
4) Without permission from the content owners, User B begins to post copyrighted content.
5) YouTube is sued by content owners for failing to remove copyrighted content posted to their site without permission.

With literally thousands, if not millions of posts submitted to YouTube on a daily basis, it is impossible for them to review each submission for copyrighted content. With literally hundreds if not thousands of submissions of copyrighted content, it is impossible for YouTube to check each and every one to see if the submitter has permission to reuse the content.

Therefore, they simply deny it to all posters. Any account that has a tendency to post copyrighted content is likely flagged for (alleged) piracy and occasionally reviewed. Finding copyrighted content, uploaded from the flagged account, the remove it and issue a "strike".

So yeah, you can probably plead your case to YouTube, but I wouldn't expect any sympathy or leniency.

-Wolf sends

MasterThomaz

Reputable
Oct 19, 2014

what I do is, I have a channel. and I upload short clips taken from movies and tV shows and etc, The clips are mostly bikini & Swimsuit & lingerie and sexy actress scenes.( for example: Halle berry bikini scene in James Bond and Angelina Jolie bikini scene in tomb raider.) There is no nudity involved. I want to upload multiple videos as such to channel not to ever make money but to get views. Do u have any ideas on how possibly do this without getting such errors and strikes and etc. ??even though there is no nudity do i still have to apply the age restrictions ??

Wolfshadw

Titan
Yeah, you said that three times already (four if you count the duplicate thread I closed). I think I answered your question in that YouTube will not allow you to post copyrighted content on your channels.

-Wolf sends

Status
Not open for further replies.