Asus PB278Q or Asus ROG Swift PG278Q for gaming

Oct 25, 2014
Like the title says I need help in choosing one of the above 1440p monitors for gaming.
I won't be playing multiplayer and I really care about image quality.But I also prefer smooth motion.
Money's not really an issue so if the only con of a monitor is the price , it doesn't really matter.
I can only calibrate the displays by eye since I don't have any calibrating equipment.

My rig will be powerful enough to handle 1440p without any issues.

CPU- Core i7 4790K
GPU- GeForce GTX 980
Ram- 16GB
SSD- Samsung 850 Pro 256GB
Mobo- Asus Maximus VII Formula

Thanks in advance for helping me choose.:)

Solution
1080p is not an option even with DSR? Why not? Try DSR with your current monitor right now. It gets you more than halfway there, but I can say too much because I dont have a 1440p monitor.

If you have the money, get the Swift. Its the only quality 1440p 144hz Gsync monitor out there right now, thats why they can justify the ridiculous price.

Brighttail

Reputable
Oct 24, 2014
Well the ROG swift is more than just a 1440. This thing is the beast with G-sync technology. Simply put it will aid your game play by syncing your refresh rates of your monitor with your Video card to prevent tearing and ghosting. The price is very high right now because it is like one of 2 monitors with this technology out there.

Every review i have seen has said it rocks. It is up to you if you want to spend the extra money. PErsonally I'm going to be buying one soon cause I love Asus monitors and have the VG248QE and love the 144mhz refresh that the Swift also has. If you have the money and want the best.. it is the best.

Brighttail

Reputable
Oct 24, 2014
Crisp 27-inch, 2560 x 1440. It isn't a IPS monitor but it has the higher resolution. I have seen it put head to head against the other G-sync monitor that can do 4k, and they still gave the edge to this one due to quality of build, smooth game play and general features.

ferwindjacks

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013
DSR is actually really good. If you cant afford the Swift, a solid G-Sync monitor at 1080p can get very close to 1440p quality. I am currently looking into the Philips 27in G Sync monitor that just came out.

Image quality on Swift is top notch, from what I have heard.

Oct 25, 2014
1080p is not an option even with DSR.

I'm very intrigued with the ROG Swift
I understand it might not have the image quality of an IPS panel but if its image quality is as crispy as you say then I'll go with this one.
But gotta do some research on that.

ferwindjacks

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013
1080p is not an option even with DSR? Why not? Try DSR with your current monitor right now. It gets you more than halfway there, but I can say too much because I dont have a 1440p monitor.

If you have the money, get the Swift. Its the only quality 1440p 144hz Gsync monitor out there right now, thats why they can justify the ridiculous price.

Solution