How to use the PC as a console?

Adelgaard

Reputable
Nov 1, 2014
Hi - Sorry for bad english
I was wondering if there was a easy way to set up a pc connected tv as a kind of gaming system.
Let me explain
I am using my monitor when im playing games like First Person Shooter, games where i have to use mouse and keyboard. But when i'm playing games like AC or racing, i like to use my gamepad and play it on my tv.
Both Monitor and tv is connected to the same graphic card (gtx 780)
When i have to play a game on my tv using pc, i have to- Turn on tv - Change sound from Sound Card to HDMI tv - Change the tv as primary for some game to open on the tv.
I was wondering if there was a software or a way to make this easier. Like my monitor as the normal operating system and when the tv is on it will automatically be controller supported (like steam big screen) and automatically be the right sound output etc.
Hope you guys understand my question/ problem
Kind regard August - Sorry for bad english

Steam OS when it's better software supported by more games and finalized to be more user friendly and controller compatible is the software you're pretty much describing.

For now however you could simplify the process by using one universal remote vs one for TV, AVR, etc. Look for ones with "punch through", esp for audio volume and input selection.