This is my current issue:
http://i.imgur.com/A6kcyk4.png

How do I force Windows to match monitor identities with CCC

I've
uninstalled all monitors and hidden monitors in Device Manager
Uninstalled CCC and wiped all of AMD's data from my PC with DDU
Reconnected the monitors one by one in the order I like them
still the numbers haven't changed...
With the identities numbered like Windows has them, I am having issues with my primary monitor NOT being 1, everything decides to go to my HDTV instead of my monitor even though the monitor is primary.
What can I do to get Windows to number my monitors to match CCC?

Solution
You need to make your primary monitor the task bar monitor or windows is going to keep throwing a fit. The task bar makes a screen the primary monitor as far as Windows is concerned(yes its dumb, but its windows). From all the rage on answers.microsoft.com there really doesn't seem to be a way through the standard GUI to hack it.

You may be able to registry hack it, I don't seem to have the proper keys even with two screens so I cannot confirm the validity of this solution, but i suggest only doing two of the screens and leaving the primary alone until you have confirmed that it doesn't break anything.
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/657768-HowTo-Switch-monitor-1-Monitor-2-Identity

There are also some third party...
Which screen is supposed to be your main screen? Right now it looks like you have it set to screen number 2. In Windows your main screen is whichever one has the task bar on it, most full screen applications will default to launching on this unless they were previously moved to a different monitor but even then some still reset back to the "main" monitor.

Windows doesn't seem to permit renumbering, mostly because the numbers are just so it can pop them on the screen so you know which is which, they aren't used internally for anything else, though it does tie the monitor number and monitor identity together so reattaching the same screens will result in the same numberings.

jkteddy77

Honorable
Jun 13, 2013

Well currently it is causing some programs to open on my "1" monitor instead of my primary monitor "2"
Also, monitor 3 is my taskbar monitor.... It's a mess
It USED to look like CCC, then they changed on me while I was playing with CCC's Eyefinity.
I got CCC's back to how it should be, now how can I change Windows Screen Resolution numbers, or at lest force them to rethink themselves to how I had them.

Right now Widnows doesn't think my primary monitor is my primary. CCC and Windows are fighting the numbering system.

You need to make your primary monitor the task bar monitor or windows is going to keep throwing a fit. The task bar makes a screen the primary monitor as far as Windows is concerned(yes its dumb, but its windows). From all the rage on answers.microsoft.com there really doesn't seem to be a way through the standard GUI to hack it.

You may be able to registry hack it, I don't seem to have the proper keys even with two screens so I cannot confirm the validity of this solution, but i suggest only doing two of the screens and leaving the primary alone until you have confirmed that it doesn't break anything.
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/657768-HowTo-Switch-monitor-1-Monitor-2-Identity

There are also some third party software options out there designed to make multiple screens with windows a bit less stupid and permit some more elaborate actions with them, so that might be the route you need to go rather than fighting with two morons who will never let you win(CCC & Windows)

Solution

jkteddy77

Honorable
Jun 13, 2013

I manually (more like forceably, I had to use PsExec to force my way into letting Regedit think I was a SYSTEM user so I could) deleted all 3 of the monitors from the Display's key. I restarted the PC with onlyy the first monitor and plugged them in one by one with rebooting in between.

They still list themselves in the wrong order...
What is there left to do?
CCC and other 3rd party programs will control my windows correctly, but there are certain things that rely 100% on what Windows numbers them as... I erased their existence from my registry and they still returned incorrectly, even though I connected them in the right order. What else can I try?

Woodslink

Commendable
Sep 29, 2016
Keep in mind, that this is NOT about moving which monitor is left, right, up, down and which is the MAIN monitor. This is about switching identity numbers of the monitors.

I've seen many threads on this, all of which where horribly wrong.

I have 3 monitors hooked up. I have the laptop screen (1) and two large display port monitors (2 and 3).
This setup is the same at my office and at my home. I had a problem where my home setup reversed monitor identities for 2 and 3.
When this occurred, I would put my laptop into sleep mode and go into the office. When I got into the office, put my laptop into the dock and opened it, all my open windows would be open in the opposite monitors.

The question was "how did my monitors, at home, get reversed?"

The answer is that one of them was unplugged for a short time.

The answer is the same. Unplug big monitor (right side).
The big monitor (left side) now becomes monitor 2 again.
Plug in the big monitor (right side) and it now become monitor 3 again.

This fixed the issue and I am back to normal.