Should I sell all my console gear for a new pc and new pc gear?

Serpurty

Reputable
Jun 25, 2014
I have a problem that I have been thinking about for a long time. I was thinking if i should sell all of my console gear (console, controller, games, headset) for a new pc and a new headset. All i want is your opinion and even though this is mostly a pc hardware site, please don't be too bias. Also, all my friends play on consoles and i don't know if i should leave them and play with myself from now on. Any feedback would help. Thanks.

Solution
Be careful as some games even though they are on multiple platforms, they have their own servers and you cannot play with them. I think most of the CoD games you play on servers for the specific platforms. As well as consider what you play, like if you like FPSs, some FPS games aren't on PC, i.e. Halo/Destiny.

Personally, I think consoles are the way to go, sure they are weaker than PCs, but a console usually lasts 5+ years. Some people that feel the need to play every game at max settings, they are upgrading components every 2 years which gets real costly. (PC gaming! its a gateway drug! j/k)

Lastly, lately a lot of Game Devs are horrendously lazy at PC optimization to the point of needing to get higher than norm specs just to met...

Serpurty

Reputable
Jun 25, 2014

The thing is, i have most of the games already on my pc and i want to sell the console because it would help pay for my new pc. Its just that i dont know if i should because all my friends have consoles and cant afford a pc.

Warukyure

Reputable
Oct 20, 2014
Be careful as some games even though they are on multiple platforms, they have their own servers and you cannot play with them. I think most of the CoD games you play on servers for the specific platforms. As well as consider what you play, like if you like FPSs, some FPS games aren't on PC, i.e. Halo/Destiny.

Personally, I think consoles are the way to go, sure they are weaker than PCs, but a console usually lasts 5+ years. Some people that feel the need to play every game at max settings, they are upgrading components every 2 years which gets real costly. (PC gaming! its a gateway drug! j/k)

Lastly, lately a lot of Game Devs are horrendously lazy at PC optimization to the point of needing to get higher than norm specs just to met minimum requirements (See: AssGreed Unity and its minimum GTX 680 Video card, ouch) or the game just looks bad (See: Watch_Doges) despite having really high specs.

Solution