Screen Goes Black Randomly

Hexxan

Reputable
Nov 2, 2014
I've done some searching through old threads to find some answers but I'm still having the same issue where my screen will suddenly go black while either playing a game or just browsing the web.

Sometimes I will still be able to see life from the keyboard (hitting Caps lock on and off) but mostly after I lose the signal, I cannot hear or get a response from the computer.

After restarting the computer will boot to a black screen after getting past the welcome screen but I'm always able to boot up to safe mode. If I wait a while with the computer off, I can boot normally again.

I've tried uninstalling the graphics drivers and reinstalling while in safe mode and still have the issue.

I'd rather not have to buy a new graphics card as I think that is where the issue lies so if there is anything else I can try to resolve this that would be a massive help. Cheers.

Edit:
My computer specs

Windows 7 64-bit
i5-2500k CPU
8GB RAM
nVidea GeForce GTX 570

If there are any other details needed let me know.

Solution
Hi,
Browsing the web shouldn't really cause your PC to lock up and lose signal (black screen).

Do you have any onboard GPU? If so, try using that gpu for a while and see if you still have problems.

TRENDING THREADS