Good 1080p 23-24 inch monitors for gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

leftisthominid

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2014
Hello all, I am looking for a good 1080p gaming monitor. My current monitor is ancient and dying, so I am looking for something good to replace it with. My budget max is about $200.

My two primary preferences is that the monitor have a matte screen and that it be stocked by a physical store (i.e., not Amazon or Newegg, returning and replacing a unit if it has dead pixel is a pain when buying online).

I am looking at the Asus VN247H-P (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-23-6-led-hd-monitor/8767187.p?id=1218890757510&skuId=8767187), but I am still looking at other options.

leftisthominid

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2014

Thanks for the response!

I would consider Amazon, but in December 2011, when I was buying my ASUS N55SF laptop I had to return three laptops due to dead pixels. I am not hoping to relive that experience.

Anyways, could you suggest a better one online for a similar price point?

leftisthominid

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2014

I agree about Asus. I really like their stuff, but I've got burnt by dead pixels by nearly everyone (Apple, Asus, Sony, Nintendo, Canon,...) and thus I want a situation where exchanges would be easy.

My location does not have a Microcenter. There's BestBuy, OfficeMax, and OfficeDepot and maybe some other places I am not remembering.

Last edited by a moderator:

shoe59

Reputable
Mar 22, 2014
I own the monitor you linked -- the 23.6"

I don't know a whole lot about monitors, but it is serving me pretty well. Although THE STAND.... is very wobbly. It's wobbling as I type this very sentence. Consider an aftermarket mounting option (which is compatible with this monitor's VESA mounting holes). It hasn't tipped over or anything on me, and I don't think it would, but with the widescreen it just isn't the most stable.

The wobbly stand is my only complaint, otherwise I feel like this was a steal for the quality of the picture vs. the price. Make sure you tighten the screws on the stand as tight as you can when assembling it.

leftisthominid

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2014

Unfortunately, Staples is a 40 minute drive away, so I will be avoiding that option.

I don't think the VN series comes in 21.5 inches. I think you may have the VS228H-P, which may have different type of stand. Anyways, thanks for the advice. If I do for it, I make sure the screws are tight.

shoe59

Reputable
Mar 22, 2014

crap, you're right. Mine is the VS247H-P 23.6". sorry, disregard -- and yes the stand on the VN monitor looks different than mine

Status
Not open for further replies.