Tech stuff for school?

William Norberg

Honorable
Jun 10, 2013
Hello, im 14 years old and i am having problems remembering all the homework and stuff. I have tried using paper and pen to take notes, but they usually end up under my bed or in the trash. Are there any good gadgets or programs i could use for keeping everything organised. P.S: Im using my school Macbook Air for important stuff. And i have a Samsung Galaxy S4 Active.

Solution
OP, I can see why you'd think tech would be great for things like this, but I believe it'll be a bad habit in the long run. If all of your notes are stored electronically, what will you when data is corrupted or when your device breaks? You sure as heck won't spend thousands to recover notes. I reccommend doing it the old fashioned way... with a pen/pencil and a notebook.

I can't see why your notes would be under your bed or in the trash.... unless you're using loose leaf? Try using a ringed notebook, like those college-ruled ones. For one, you can write larger in a notebook than you can with your iPad/S3 device.
You can edit mistakes more easily in a notebook ('precision' erasing).

So it's not quite the answer you wanted to here...

William Norberg

Honorable
Jun 10, 2013

I've tried. But notebooks are too risky. What if there is a fire? what if someone accidentally rips them appart (A.K.A bullies), what if something happens to them? I can't have a 24/7 backup on the internet uploaded from a notebook. And as i said "They usually end up under my bed or in the trash".

smackers_12

Honorable

Then learn to keep them organised. Its the only way to do things really, its much to hard to take notes on a computer when you need to draw diagrams etc. You will just have to learn to keep them safe.

William Norberg

Honorable
Jun 10, 2013

I suppose you're right. But me and notebooks have never really worked. Stylus?

smackers_12

Honorable
Sure you could do that but its just a pain. You have to carry loads of stuff around and it takes up loads of space on your desk. If you have issues with people ripping your notebooks people are going to see your tablet and want to break it. Then you have the same issue when teachers give you sheets. Its just easier to keep a notebook with binder holes in a folder with all your sheets.

yosimba2000

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
OP, I can see why you'd think tech would be great for things like this, but I believe it'll be a bad habit in the long run. If all of your notes are stored electronically, what will you when data is corrupted or when your device breaks? You sure as heck won't spend thousands to recover notes. I reccommend doing it the old fashioned way... with a pen/pencil and a notebook.

I can't see why your notes would be under your bed or in the trash.... unless you're using loose leaf? Try using a ringed notebook, like those college-ruled ones. For one, you can write larger in a notebook than you can with your iPad/S3 device.
You can edit mistakes more easily in a notebook ('precision' erasing).

So it's not quite the answer you wanted to here, but it IS an option. Consider putting your notebooks in your backpack when you are done with them so they don't get lost or end up in the trash. If you're thinking of going to college someday, realize that many professors prohibit the use of laptops in their classrooms. But all of them allow notebooks :D

I see you worrying about fires, bullies, etc. But be logical here. If you keep thinking worst case scenarios, you'll ALWAYS have an excuse not to do something. Those fires/bullies can also be applied directly to your electronics too, so there's that. Oh, and as another person said, drawing diagrams is much harder on a computer!

Start early, man

Solution