I want an ASUS ROG SWIFT... Wait for r3xx?

siph33

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
Hi guys,

This paycheck i got an i7-4790K, ASUS VII Hero and 8G RAM.

Next paycheck I will get a ROG SWIFT monitor

Im worried about getting a GTX970 to go with it... looking at benchmarks, current games can barely handle QHD, and I want to be certain I can play next years games (DOOM4, halflife3)
If I wait for a radeon 3xx, will the money i spent on a GSYNC monitor be wasted?
Does the 4G VRAM limit the current 970/980's?

Such tough questions...

Solution
(This is just my opinon)

I don't really think that the R9 300 series will be better than current Nvidia GPUs. I've sort of lost all hopes for AMD. If I were in your postion, I'd get the GTX 970 and the ROG Swift. Then when those newer games come out, just get another GTX 970 and put them in an SLI config. That should solve your problem.

***EDIT***

Also, once you start playing with g sync, you'll never play games without g sync ever again. I'm currently having a hard time playing my games because of frustration, as you can see from my signature, I've got an R9 280X crossfire mode and I can't just get rid of them easily. So, get the GTX 970 when you still can. Don't even think about AMD unless you're in a really TIGHT budget.

ZeusGamer

Admirable
(This is just my opinon)

I don't really think that the R9 300 series will be better than current Nvidia GPUs. I've sort of lost all hopes for AMD. If I were in your postion, I'd get the GTX 970 and the ROG Swift. Then when those newer games come out, just get another GTX 970 and put them in an SLI config. That should solve your problem.

***EDIT***

Also, once you start playing with g sync, you'll never play games without g sync ever again. I'm currently having a hard time playing my games because of frustration, as you can see from my signature, I've got an R9 280X crossfire mode and I can't just get rid of them easily. So, get the GTX 970 when you still can. Don't even think about AMD unless you're in a really TIGHT budget.

Solution