Could this pc run games like Arma 3?

HyperCanadian

Reputable
Nov 3, 2014
I am wondering if this build could run arma 3 on high settings with 45 fps or more.

CPU: Intel Core i3-4130 3.4GHz Dual-Core Processor

Motherboard: Asus H81M-D PLUS Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard

Memory: G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 270X 2GB Dual-X Video Card

Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

If you could reply as soon as possible that would be amazing!

P.S. I'm new to this stuff so I don't really know about which parts are good and which are bad.

Mouldread

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2013
You could have asked for any other game and I could probably have given you an answer. But Arma III .... That "Real Virtuality" engine... whoever invented it...

If you fiddle with the settings you might be able to achieve some playable framerate but you will need to do a lot of adjustments and sacrifice a lot of eye candy.

HyperCanadian

Reputable
Nov 3, 2014

Would you recommend a good build with a budget of 500$ (just the tower), that could run arma 3 with good fps on the lowest settings?

Mouldread

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2013
If that's your budget then you should stick to the build you suggested. It's not a bad PC. And I'm sure you can run Arma III with a decent frame rate without having to play it on the lowest settings. A lot of optimization guides for Arma III can be found online. I was only trying to tell you that Arma III's engine is such that even more powerful PCs struggle with.

I'm pretty sure you can find other games you can enjoy playing. Spending $500 only to play a single game is bit foolish I think. Let's see what others think.

HyperCanadian

Reputable
Nov 3, 2014

Thanks for the help. I don't only want a pc for arma 3. If I know it can run arma 3, it's certain to run games like unturned, minecraft, etc...