PC Shuts down after 3 seconds - new build - suspected Motherboard Issue

ffchampion

Reputable
Nov 5, 2014
So just built my first PC and after about 3 seconds it turns off. no display comes onto the screen and then it will start to reset itself over and over and again every 3 seconds turns off
suspect it's my motherboard as had the PSU tested and that works fine.
read about being able to flashback the motherboard as sometimes thats the case but dunno how to do that.
if anyone else knows what an issue may be please let me know!

here is my components
- I5-4690
- GA-Z87-HD3 Mobo
- kingston fury 8gb (2x4gb) RAM
- 128GB SSD, 1TB HDD
- MSI GTX 970
- Corsair CSM 650W

You need a BIOS update you have gone totally wrong with the CPU and Motherboard combo.
You should have bought a H97 board for a haswel refresh processor and you have bought a Z87 board you processor is locked so no meaning of getting a Z series board anyway.

Do the BIOS update and the problem will solve.

ffchampion

Reputable
Nov 5, 2014

as i put this is the first PC i've built so i'm not too knowledgeable about what to go for but i checked about the compatibility and it seemed not to have an issue when i looked.

could you please explain how i do the bios update as i would have assumed i need to be able to view the display in order to update it

ffchampion

Reputable
Nov 5, 2014

Phoned up the company who deals with it and i may actually have a faulty motherboard, they reckon the capacitors in them could have gone so i'll have to see what its like when i get the new one