sales tax question

DeumBelli

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2014
Hey guys i dont know if this is the right place to ask this question but im hoping it is.

I am about to order parts for my first computer build and i have a budget of $1500.
My question is will i have to pay tax on those parts because if i do i will obviously go over my budget.

Here is the list of my parts in case you need to know where im buying from. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/P6WtrH

I live in Louisiana, U.S.

Solution
That depends. If the vendor from whom you order has a physical presence in your state (e.g. a warehouse), you will likely be expected to pay the Government. Check vendor policies as well; seems to me I read that Amazon is going to collect Government extortion in all states now, but I do not know if it has started.
That depends. If the vendor from whom you order has a physical presence in your state (e.g. a warehouse), you will likely be expected to pay the Government. Check vendor policies as well; seems to me I read that Amazon is going to collect Government extortion in all states now, but I do not know if it has started.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS