How to transaction money?

kearleyboy95

Reputable
Sep 13, 2014
I'm looking to guide people in building their own PC, getting the parts for them and building them. Obviously there will be a fee for doing this, but I don't know how to transaction the money? Should I have them order the parts and ship to me? (Doubt they will do that, seems sketchy!). Is there a way I can be like a business and they pay me the money, I order/build for them, with me seeming reliable? Is there a special way to do this? Please help, I'm 16 looking to make money without having to get into a part time job, plus I love doing this more than anything else so this would make me so happy. Please help.

Solution
OK, to start:

Write me a short business proposal (1 paragraph) as to why I should pay you to build a PC for me, with parts that I supply.
Then, write another one where I should give you $1,000 and you ship me a PC.

What benefit do you provide that I can't get from Dell/Walmart/Newegg/Amazon/etc/etc....

The money transaction is the easy part. The 'Why' is the hard part.

TheDualshock

Honorable
Jan 24, 2014
You can technically use Paypal for your transactions but getting a part-time job is obviously the most stable choice. People won't just ship their parts to a random person just to build it. Not sure how you are planning to get that working since it's a trust-based service (people pay you and ship you items, stealing is always something to be afraid of).

USAFRet

Titan
OK, to start:

Write me a short business proposal (1 paragraph) as to why I should pay you to build a PC for me, with parts that I supply.
Then, write another one where I should give you $1,000 and you ship me a PC.

What benefit do you provide that I can't get from Dell/Walmart/Newegg/Amazon/etc/etc....

The money transaction is the easy part. The 'Why' is the hard part.

Solution

kearleyboy95

Reputable
Sep 13, 2014

Even if they didn't trust me, they can simply order it themselves and we can meet and I would build it in an hour or so, but that is the main problem

kearleyboy95

Reputable
Sep 13, 2014
This is for the people unknowledgeable in computers, so they don't know what to do, plus ordering off most mainstream websites is simply way to expensive.

kearleyboy95

Reputable
Sep 13, 2014
If this isn't such a good idea, is there any other way I can make money doing computer things outside of getting a part-time job?

TheDualshock

Honorable
Jan 24, 2014

I'm curious to know why you are against getting a part-time job? It's the most effective way to make money at a younger age. Not much you can do to make money without working. Get off your butt and get to it :) (unless you have certain restrictions)

USAFRet

Titan

If they need you to put it together, they do not know what parts to buy.
And still, you have not convinced me as to why I should pay *you*.

kearleyboy95

Reputable
Sep 13, 2014

Part time Jobs are a bottomless pit.

USAFRet

Titan

Fixing PC's. Start with friends and family. Build up a reputation. If you are good, someone will refer you to someone else.
"Hey....that dude kearley is pretty good. He fixed mine."

Then and only then can you consider charging people for that service.

TheDualshock

Honorable
Jan 24, 2014

This is a great idea, I did the same as a hobby and now I've got people asking me to choose their parts and building it for them (I don't charge though, I just do it for fun and like he said it builds up your reputation)

USAFRet

Titan

Michael Dell started doing this part time.

No one is going to give you money just because you think you are good.
You have to prove you are good first.