What motherboard is this

Cesar Osorio

Reputable
Jul 1, 2014

i am a knub at this so yeah does this mean i wont be able to see what graphic card are compatible with this motherboard

It has a PCIex16 slot so pretty much any card that will fit in the case depending on whether or not your CPU and power supply are sufficient for the card. A lot of Dell pc's come in smaller than standard sized cases and have power supplies with form factors that are not standard and may not have the correct power cables, again, depending on what card you're looking at. Here are the specs for that board.

https://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130905171333AAl6r0e

Cesar Osorio

Reputable
Jul 1, 2014

i have a ivy bridge intel core i3 3220
6gb ddr3 ram memory
1tb hard drive
intel(R)HD Graphics intergrated
powersupply is around 300 to 400 im going to upgrade to something higher

so i was looking and decided to get the radeon 7770 but dont know from which brand whats the difference also if you think i shouldnt get this im open to new ideas.

And before we get into a discussion about power supplies, read these so you understand the importance of a quality unit and that just because a PSU says it's 400w, 500w, etc, doesn't mean squat.

Don't be surprised when your cheap PSU blows up:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/low-cost-psu-pc-power-supply,2862.html

Why we don't use cheap PSUs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ezk9OA7aKOE

PSU tier list (You want something at least Tier 3 for average systems. Tier 2B or higher for anything overclocked or that has a decent GPU card installed):

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-1804779/power-supply-unit-tier-list.html

Cesar Osorio

Reputable
Jul 1, 2014

my budget when it comes to a graphic card id say its about $70. Also i'm in the USA. although the official price of that graphics card is $120 on ebay they go for 60 to 70.

Cesar Osorio

Reputable
Jul 1, 2014

No, that's one of the absolute worst PSUs of all time. Clearly you didn't look at the link for the Tier list I posted.

That unit is a Tier 5 replace immediately level PSU and it's even in BOLD letters so it will stand out to anybody looking at the Tier list. You couldn't possibly have made a worse choice. There are probably at least a hundred posts, if not more, here at Tom's with major failures due to the use of the Thermaltake TR2 PSUs.

In fact, I'm just about positive it's the model being tested in the video link from Corsair labs I linked to as well. Did you actually look at and read the information at those links?

It's your rig, you can do what you want, but when somebody is trying to help you, you need to at least consider the advice and information being provided. Cancel that order if you placed it already. You DO NOT want that PSU.

Tier five - Replace immediately. These units are NOT recommended for any system, no matter the purpose. Reference to higher tiered models for a better and potentially money-saving unit

A-TOP technology
Apevia
Apex (SUPERCASE/ALLIED)
Artic / Ace (They're the same company)
Aspire (Turbocase)
ATADC
ATRIX
Broadway Com Corp
CIT
Coolmax
Deer
Diablotek
Dynapower
Dynex
Eagletech
Enlight
Evo labs
EZ-cool
Foxconn
G7
HEC / Compucase Orion
iStar computer co.
Jeantec
JPac
Just PC
Linkworld electronics
Logisys computer
Macron
MSi (just stick to their GPUs and motherboards)
NMEDIAPC
Norwood Micro/ CompUSA
Okia
Powercool
Powmax
Pulsepower
Q-tec
Raidmax
Rocketfish
SFC
Sharkoon
Shuttle
Skyhawk
Startech
Storm
Sumvision
Tesla

Thermaltake -
BronzeMunich 430w
Purepower NP / RU
TR2 and TR2-RX

Trust (Stick to their peripherals)
Wintech
Winpower
Youngbear
Zebronics

For that price range, of 70 bucks, the HD 7770 probably is the only choice that makes sense. Personally, I'd recommend saving another thirty to forty bucks and getting a low end R9 270, which would make worlds of difference over the HD 7770, but that's up to you.

http://www.hwcompare.com/15680/radeon-hd-7770-vs-radeon-r9-270x/

Cesar Osorio

Reputable
Jul 1, 2014

i'm sorry T^T i did look sure i'll admit it i didn't look all the way down just half way

Cesar Osorio

Reputable
Jul 1, 2014

I shall try to acquire the R9 270 but how do I know if it fits in my tower? I believe its a mid tower also from which company should I get it from or does it not matter?

Crap, you have a Dell case right? You'll need to measure from inside of the case at the back to where the the hard drive cages would obstruct the installation of the card and tell me what the length is that can fit.

I'm pretty damn sure this card will fit, as it's only 7.8 inches long, and is the lowest price of the bunch anyhow. I'm not a big fan of Powercolor, but all the reviews on this card say it runs cool, performs good and has a low power draw so it may be your best choice at this price range.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 270 2GB TurboDuo Video Card ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $99.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-09 02:23 EST-0500

Cesar Osorio

Reputable
Jul 1, 2014

the length that can fit is 9 inches

Cesar Osorio

Reputable
Jul 1, 2014