New PC Boots but doesn't display on monitor

al94

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2014
I built a PC and it boots up fine with the fans spinning and all but It won't show anything on monitor it just says "no signal" even though it is connected with a VGA cable. I don't hear any beeps and I've tried resetting the CMOS but it makes no difference.

PC Specs:
AMD APU A6 6400K
Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-DS2
4GB Kingston HyperX FURY RAM 1866 MHz
Corsair CX 430
WD 1TB Caviar Blue
Zalman T3 Mini M-ATX/M-ITX Case

al94

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2014

My monitor is VGA by default as that is the only port and i've plugged it into the motherboard. I have 2 ram slots and I tried it in the other one but nothing changes. I have 1 stick of 4GB ram.

no beep is always bad news... do you even have a buzzer on the motherboard to begin with?

Hello... Read your MB manual/PDF for proper memory size, type and placement... Does your MB require using 2 sticks at a time?
4) make sure you have your Power connected for your APU on the MB.
5) make sure you have your Power connected to your MB.
6) make sure you have your CPU fan connected to your MB CPU/FAN connector.

al94

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2014

My motherboard doesn't support case speaker if that's what you mean

yeahh.. without that it will be a pain in the ass to pinpoint the issue

JobCreator

Honorable
Apr 18, 2013
I'd bet money it's your RAM. The RAM you have is not on the supported memory list for that motherboard. That HyperX FURY RAM has cause issues just like yours for many others. Get a different stick of RAM and try to boot with it.

al94

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2014

Thanks for replying. I've tried the RAM in different slots and it doesn't make any difference. I didn't know the RAM is not compatible with the motherboard I thought all DDR3 RAM is the same. I will have to test it tomorrow hopefully it fixes the problem.

al94

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2014

I just tried it with G.Skill Ripjaws RAM and it still get no display.

if you just get a buzzer and pop it in, then this will be much easier! just go buy a buzzer.. it costs under a dollar!

al94

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2014

I have one but nowhere on the board to put it