Is this OK for a first <£1000 gaming build?

n0051

Reputable
Nov 9, 2014
Considering building from scratch for the first time and wanted to make sure there aren't any issues with the following setup:

CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core
CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK AIDOS 48.6 CFM Sleeve Bearing (note that I was originally going to opt for a Hyper 212 Evo but its size and apparent difficulty to install turned me off it a little, this had positive reviews and seemed like it'd fit more comfortably beside the memory)
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 ATX AM3+
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X
Case: Corsair Graphite Series 230T Black ATX Mid Tower
Power Supply: Corsair 750W ATX12V / EPS12V

While I'm pretty much a newbie I've been trying to pick mostly parts with a decent reputation and powerful enough for a certain degree of futureproofing, feel free to let me know there's anything I've overlooked.

Barney6262

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013
Hi, I'll be honest it isn't a great use of the money.

I put together a suggested build which makes best use of the money:
http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/nJKGVn

I chose the hyper 212 evo as it is not difficult to install (I have used it before) and is compatible with the corsair LP ram (Make sure you buy the 'low profile' version).

The case is your choice, if you like the look of another one get it (as long as it is compatible, ask here if you are not sure). If you have any other questions or want to know why I chose a certain part feel free to ask.