Video card broken?

TDaotje

Reputable
May 18, 2014
I was playing Shadow of Mordor when i got called to eat so i just let it on in the background, when i came back it shutdown and said something like "graphical error something something"(i don't really know anymore) when i opened the game again it would just do random things like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIE68FDzUx8&feature=you...
I would also get random black squares/triangles when i played a video on youtube but when i watch a video in windows media player it wouldn't happen

I've tried all kind of things already put my card in another PCI lane, delete drivers, download older drivers the only way those random things wouldn't happen is not using drivers but it doesn't work like that lol

i have had this card for half a year or so and i don't do anything extreme like overclocking so i wouldn't know why this card already died on me..

PC Specs:
i5-4670
MSI Z87-G45
Asus GeForce GTX 760
Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB

Solution
Corsairs CX series of PSUs are Tier 3 units that produce a lot of failures. Next to the Thermaltake TR2, it's probably the most problematic PSU seen around here. Of course, some of that is due to it's popularity so we're bound to see more of the CX units fail than other models but even so there are a significant number of them that are verified failed units. Most the time it's due to end users attempting to run them in systems with powerful graphics cards or overclocked systems, which the CX series is not designed nor intended for.

Run the sensors and we'll know right away whether the unit is likely fine or if there is an issue.

vampyiere6

Honorable
Mar 7, 2013

could you list a full spec of your components name, mhz/watt etc.

have you overclocked it sometime?

have you done a full drive sweap and downloaded the latest?

do you get like artifacts triangles/squeeres lines and flickering when you play games etc?

try to underclock your card by like 100 mhz or so just to check if the problems dissapere by it, if not then its most likley a faulty card and it needs to be replaced. if you only had it for about half a year it should still have warranty and you can rma it and get a new.

He already said he didn't overclock it.

He listed his specs.

He indicated he gets artifacts.

Did you even READ the post?

vampyiere6

Honorable
Mar 7, 2013

he did not list a full spec like no psu is listed no ram mhz etc so its not compleat.

he said he gets artifacts in youtube videos but nothing in games etc and the link he posted you cant watch

And he said nothing extreme like overclocking does not mean you have not upped it by 50mhz or so its not extreme

You don't need the GPU to be installed to run HWinfo and run the sensors. You can connect your monitor to the output from the motherboard which uses the onboard integrated graphics. The sensor reading are for determining the fitness of the PSU anyhow, not the GPU.

Corsairs CX series of PSUs are Tier 3 units that produce a lot of failures. Next to the Thermaltake TR2, it's probably the most problematic PSU seen around here. Of course, some of that is due to it's popularity so we're bound to see more of the CX units fail than other models but even so there are a significant number of them that are verified failed units. Most the time it's due to end users attempting to run them in systems with powerful graphics cards or overclocked systems, which the CX series is not designed nor intended for.

Run the sensors and we'll know right away whether the unit is likely fine or if there is an issue.

Solution