Monitor or HDTV suggestion strictly for gaming? I dont watch tv anymore

Arch B

Honorable
Feb 8, 2014
Hi guys, so my I had bought my mom an hdtv off amazon for her birthday and it died within two months and refund policy only lasted 30 days. So I gave her my 40in hdtv.

Now I'm searching for a tv that would actually benefit my use.

I will only use the tv with my xbox one.. strictly for gaming and possibly watching twitch.tv late or netflix from time to time. I do not / will not be watching any cable.

When looking at monitors I've seen that most only go to 27in which is a size I think would be fine for me but I just like bigger screens because its easier on the eyes for my wife and myself when we split screen. My preferred budget would be less than 300.

Lookin forward to some suggestions ! Thanks!

Solution
If you are just using it for the PC, the monitor is the way to go. But there will be quite a system shock going from 40" to 27". I have a 32" HDTV on one bench and a 27" monitor on another bench. And a 24" between them as a common 2nd monitor. When I switch to the 27" monitor from the 32" HDTV, I notice considerable miniaturization of everything on-screen. Like I suddenly need new glasses. It will be even worse coming from a 40". But after awhile you'll get used to the smaller screen.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
If you are just using it for the PC, the monitor is the way to go. But there will be quite a system shock going from 40" to 27". I have a 32" HDTV on one bench and a 27" monitor on another bench. And a 24" between them as a common 2nd monitor. When I switch to the 27" monitor from the 32" HDTV, I notice considerable miniaturization of everything on-screen. Like I suddenly need new glasses. It will be even worse coming from a 40". But after awhile you'll get used to the smaller screen.

Solution