Can Google drive shared files get automatically deleted ???

SanduG

Reputable
Sep 26, 2014
guys I need some experienced opinions on this. I know that websites like dropbox, firedrive and mega and etc intend to delete shared files that are responsible for unusually large amounts of traffic. Does google drive also do this ? Thank You.

SanduG

Reputable
Sep 26, 2014

Dear ronintexas.
What do u mean "almost anyone can shut you down" ? the files are uploaded to my private google drive, most of them are my tutorial video clips and etc. They are embed on my blog. So that only the people with the link can watch them. People can only view and download it. What I mean is on the other websites (Firedrive, Mega.co.nz, Dropbox and RapidGator and etc,) most of them have the term that if I share one of my uploaded files with people, if the shared file gets unusual traffic eg, millions of people start accessing my link they automatically delete it. Because it uses up too much of their bandwidth or they think that they are sharing copyrighted material. What I want to know is does google drive also delete files like the other websites do?

With enough traffic, almost all of them are going to delete your files. All of these services are meant for collaboration of documents with a small group of people (5-100 people on average). When you post to a blog, Facebook or other social media, and hundreds, if not thousands of people view and/or share the document/video clips, they will remove it.

How is your blog hosted? Most hosting companies will allow you to upload the files to your site and you not have to deal with those limitations.....

SanduG

Reputable
Sep 26, 2014

Thank you, I guess this helps. my Blog is hosted by blogger.

SanduG

Reputable
Sep 26, 2014

Good point.