Assassins Creed Unity poor system performance

Vogner16

Honorable
Jan 27, 2014
I have recently bought a copy of assassins creed unity and I have found that this game while not only requiring an extensive amount of hardware to run, also does not run on that required hardware.

I have a amd based system with OC'd 8350 16gb 1866 ram asus crosshair V mobo 850W psu a terabyte ssd and TWO amd radeon HD 7870's OC'd to 1.1 running the special beta driver that was supposto fix crossfire issues and improve performance specifically In acu and cod.

this system has cost me around $1500 to build about a year and a half ago.

the above system is UNABLE TO PLAY the game.

I have seen that the minimum system requirements are a amd phenom 2 940 or i5 2500K (reasonable) and a 7970 or 680. WHAT? that was last gen TOP END GPU! why is the minimum system requirements enough to finance a small car?

however! my 7870's should have enough combined power to surpass that of a 7970. however the results that I see are troubling. where to start. first of all when the system is playing 1080p minimum settings vsinc off etc... the game constantly appears to be stuttering as the character will stop and his robes will flop up randomly. while running this gets extremely annoying.

secondly I get very low fps in any situation where I need to fight or the environment is alive (aka explosions and high wind with particles flying everywhere) and in general low fps everywhere.

thirdly I get incredible lighting errors across the sky. the screen seems to be pulsing with a bright dark bright dark kind of thing and can only be fixed by restarting the game.

fourthly people seem to pop out of nowhere infront of me when running and I run into them.

fifthly when at a viewpoint the game gets what I would assume is about 10 fps (a feature seen in black flag)

Sixthly other main characters seem to fly about and pop up from nowhere at times when fps gets low

seventhly there seems to be a fair amount of imput lag as when I press b to drop my character it takes up to a second at times to drop and a result I will press it again and then it will drop twice

this brings me to my discussion. why can a $500 console play this game on what looks like high settings (I have the game for ps4 as well) but cannot play it at all on a $1500 pc?

my frustrations have all but gone away as to now blame ubisoft for not wanting pc gamers to play their games anymore. one cannot blame the engine of the game or specific brands or hardware anymore as the consoles are basicly computers and amd based ones at that.

for side note the ps4 and xbx1 have same amd APU a special 8 core cpu at 1.5 and 1.6 ghz and a graphics card comparable to that of a 7850.

based on what we know these consoles to be and assuming that there is a fair amount of optimization on these platforms, one is left to assume that a high clocked quad core cpu and 6850 would be able to play this game at low to medium settings.

I now ask you. the internet. for your opinions on this. I think that ubisoft is pushing us to consoles for some unknown reason perhaps more control over optimization or perhaps less chance of pirated versions of the game?

and my friend with a single 7870 and a10 5800K is also having every problem described on this game. so its not just me.