Haswell i5 4440 @3.2Ghz Crazylow temperatures

MillsTheTank

Reputable
Nov 14, 2014
So recently I bought a new i5 4440, only to lightly test some battlefield 4 on high/ultra settings (GPU R7 260x). To my surprise I got 60fps, on a 64 man map, not only that but I checked my temperatures by tabbing out of the game and opening multiple temperature reading programs (Speedfan etc) to find that i was cruising along nicely at 32 degrees Celsius! Now, don't get me wrong I know my way around every little part of PC's and PC hardware and I know full well that 32 degrees under load is crazy low, so i opened up Prime95 and put it on max stress test. My temps you ask? 33 degrees Celsius! Have I won the ultimate silicone lottery and is it normal to get 60fps on my setup or am I just going insane? Also I have to add that upon stopping the STOCK CPU fan with my finger to feel the heatsink whilst the Prime95 max stress test was running, the heatsink was cold to the touch, so I doubt it's a misreading temperature sensor but I could be wrong.

MillsTheTank

Reputable
Nov 14, 2014
Oh don't worry, I installed Speccy and the CPU readings on that seem more realistic, they are 55 degrees Celsius average under extreme Prime95 load.