Pc turns on and off before booting.

Menetone

Reputable
Nov 15, 2014
So this is a bit complicated but here is the situation. Whenever I shut down my PC and turn it back on (within 5-6 minutes or less) my PC turns of, then on, then off, then on, then off, then on. At this point a screen will display saying that my overclock isn't stable, too high, etc. It will prompt me to click F1 to go to bios screen, or F2 to reset my overclock. After clicking F1 and leaving the bios screen my pc turns of, then on, then off, then on and then it boots into windows. This ONLY happens when I turn off my PC and turn it back on within 5-6 minutes or less. If sufficient time has passed since turning of my PC, it boots normally. Now some things to take into account, this computer is roughly 2 years old and it's had this problem ever since I updated the BIOS by mistake. I updated the BIOS roughly around a month after building my PC, so you can say that this problem has been occurring for nearly 2 years. My motherboard is the MSI Z77A-G45. I recently changed my 550w PSU to a 750w PSU due to the fact that I'm adding sli configuration, and the problem persists so I imagine that it's not the PSU's fault here. Anyways if anyone can help me that would be awesome.

Also my processor is an i5-3570k overclocked to 4.5 Ghz. I've been gaming with this overclock for nearly 2 years on this PC and no problems whatsoever.