I'm currently assembly a build and I REALLY need what is the best play.

sebastian869

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2009
I have a asrock z97 extreme6 and arc midi R2. The Arc comes with its own fan controller and it came with 3 140mm fans. One in the front one in the top and one in the back. I took the one in the front and put 2 in the front (as I put corsair h100i cpu cooler). My dilemma is what is the best option for cooling. Should I connect the fans into the MOBO and let it control the fans or should I use the R2 voltage controller (5,7,12). If I'm reading the manual correctly the case has 5 fan controllers built in. The only thing I don’t understand there Is a 4 pin cpu fan and right next to it a 3 pin cpu fan (The h100i connects with a 3 pin though there's only 1 actual connection in the connection). Is the speed controller on the case or connect to the MOBO?

Thanks,
Sebastian

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador

sebastian869

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2009

i got ya, the issue i have is the smaller connections like reset and hdd light etc, would you happen to know if they go in vertical or horizontal? Also while looking at the wires you pointed out i noticed they can be detached and then just connect the fans direct to the MOBO, do you think thats the better play or use the r2 speed controller.

Thanks

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador

Look at the manual from the motherboard for that.

Like i said is it personal preference,i would be fine with letting the motherboard handle things,but maybe you like it to keep personal control.