No Display on Bootup after Freezing and Hard Reboot

SkyeV

Reputable
Nov 16, 2014
Hello. I hope perhaps someone here can offer some advice. I have searched many threads and followed your checklist as well as my computer knowlege has allowed and still have not soved my problem.

Recently my main PC Froze while playing Archeage. This is nothing new and usually all that is required is to alt tab and task manager out of the game. This time however it was frozen completely and neither alt tab nor ctrl alt delete would bring up the task manager so I had no choice but to power the system off. When I tried to reboot the computer it would power on then off then on again and stay on but no display on the monitor. I tried several things as listed below.

At this point I am assuming that the Motherboard or processor is dead but I am curious if there is anything I might be missing. I did not build this pc myself it was built by Ibuypower and is around 4 years old. I did upgrade the RAM and Video card about a year and a half ago.
Any other steps I might take to trouble shoot this issue before I just replace the PC would be most appreciated.

Thank you.

Things I have tried

First I tried the other monitor from my second pc since I knew it was functioning. Then I went through the following steps.

1. Changed the video card to one I know works. Still no display

2. Removed all RAM still no Display

3 Tested each RAM stick 1 by one. No Display

4. Unplugged all Hard Drives and DVD Drive. No display ( Note that with the hard drives unplugged it stopped the on off on cycle and just turned on ) Still No display

5. Reset the CMOS No Display

6. Replaced the Power Supply with one that I know works. No Display

7. Checked the Motherboard for anything touching it that could be causing a short. Found nothing. No Display

Computer Specs

Core™ i7 980 Processor
ASUS Sabertooth X58 MB
Liquid CPU Cooling System [SOCKET-1366]
16gb Crucial Ballistix DDR3 1600 MT/s (PC3-12800)
MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 4gb
850 Watt Corsair PSU other PSU tried was a 600 watt offbrand from an older pc
2 1 tb Western Digital SATA HDs
1 240gb Crucial SSD Drive
Blu Ray Drive

SkyeV

Reputable
Nov 16, 2014
Yep as I said the first thing I did was try my other monitor that was currently working on the second pc. I did that before any of the other steps.