Display/Connection to Monitor Keeps Cutting Out

masonbo

Reputable
Sep 5, 2014
I finished putting together my build a few weeks back, but it hasn't been until this past week that I've noticed issues with it. Every once in a while the video has been cutting out, with the computer continuing to run. The "Check Source and Connection, yadayada" message comes up on the monitor, but the monitor doesn't show anything. And it's only happened so far whenever watching Youtube videos fullscreen. Not sure exactly why, but I haven't experienced this at all when playing any games.

I don't think it's inputs/outputs or cables, because I have switched from a VGA to DVI adapter to an HDMI in hopes that it would solve the issue, but I haven't seen any improvement.

I've checked drivers, run Memtest, run CCleaner for registry errors, and really not sure what else to do. So throw any advice you have at me. Not a vital issue but I just want to get this figured out.

Build Specs:
FX-8320E
ASUS M5a97
MSI Radeon R9 280
Corsair Dominator 8gb (4x2) 1600mhz RAM
OCZ Vertex 3 120gb SSD
Samsung HD103sj 1tb HDD

masonbo

Reputable
Sep 5, 2014
Okay, still haven't figured this out and now it's happening every once in a while with other stuff as well, still hasn't happened during gaming though.

Any help would be much appreciated