A timeout occurred while waiting for the EHCI host. Trying to find a possible fix.

syllinx

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2007
I am getting 'A timeout occurred while waiting for the EHCI host controller Asynchronous Schedule to transition to the enabled state. ' in event viewer. This happens when my wifi usb dongle is running at full speed usually. When this happens, all my usb ports power off or disconnect. This only seems to happen on AMD motherboards with windows 8. I just wanted to see if anybody knew a fix other than going with pci-e network card. Sorry if it all runs together, i'm at work lol.

syllinx

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2007

Tried all driver updates. It purely seems related to windows 8. I have read several posts and most people go back to windows 7 and have no problems. I even installed windows 8 with no updates and got the same issue. Installed all windows 8.1 updates same issue. I just wish there was a simple fix. I want to use wifi without using pci-e card. I also tried 4 different brands of wifi cards. They wall work fine if you leave it on wireless g.