buying on amazon U.S.A

Thangnawk

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2014
Hi!!I thot of buying an international computer parts on amazon U.S.A to ship to India,my product include evga gtx 970 ftw,Kingston 8gb hyper x ram,1 tb hd ,i5 processor,mobo etc.,could some pliz tell me all the necessary requirements and extra charge they are going to take? since there is too much huge difference in comparison with India when I convert dollar to rupees and product are much better in U.S amazon

Solution
You will bare save any money buying from amazon.com because after paying customs,shipping and various other taxes the price will be the same as Indian market plus make sure to buy the brands whose service center are located in India or you may face issues in the case of warranty.
Generally vendors wont ship across the world. The cost of shipping plus customs makes it very very expensive.
There are also many products where it is illegal to export out of the USA. For example it is illegal to say buy a bunch of iPhones in the USA for $600 ea and then sell them in Europe or Asia for double to triple that, even if you paid export duties/taxes
If amazon usa would even ship to india (which I doubt it does), I would bet that it would cost more then the parts in india.
If you could buy parts from amazon usa and then just pay a small shipping fee then everyone would be doing this and your local vendors would either have to lower prices or go out of business.

You will bare save any money buying from amazon.com because after paying customs,shipping and various other taxes the price will be the same as Indian market plus make sure to buy the brands whose service center are located in India or you may face issues in the case of warranty.

Solution

You are welcome .
Not double actually the Zotac gtx 970 is 26500 rupees and in USA its $329 so rupees 6500 difference makes sence when you import any thing from any country if some thing is imported from India to USA then the same rule applies .

Duty rates in India can be ad valorem (as a percentage of value) or specific (rupees per unit). Duty rates vary from 0% to 150%, with an average duty rate of 11.9%.
Other taxes and custom fees

Landing charges: (1% CIF)
Countervailing duty (CVD): (0%, 6% or 12% (CIFD + Landing charges))
CESS (Education + Higher Education): 3% (Duty + Countervailing duty)
Additional CVD: 4% (CIFD + Landing charges + Countervailing duty + CESS)

These duties varies from country to country the plus point of import in India is there is no sales tax in India for imported goods.