Looking for comments/feedback/suggestions on my upcoming purchase.

Soulprovider158

Reputable
Nov 17, 2014
As the title says, just looking for feedback. I have around $200 worth of wiggle room, though I'd prefer to keep it around this price. I'll be doing some minimal OCing and it's mostly for gaming. Thanks In advance for any help/comments.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Soulprovider/saved/QVWKHx

In text form
Intel Core i7-4790 3.6GHz Quad-Core
Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid
Asus MAXIMUS VII HERO ATX LGA1150
Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866
Samsung 840 EVO 500GB 2.5" SSD
Asus GeForce GTX 980 4GB STRIX
EVGA 750W ATX12V / EPS12V
Rosewill THOR V2 ATX Full Tower

what else besides gaming? any rendering? IF you aren't rendering you should really focus on 4 cores with higher clocks, like a nicely OC'd i5 4690k. The HT on the i7 doesn't help a ton with gaming (considering the price hike), but it does do a decent job with renders and can be worth it in that sense.

Soulprovider158

Reputable
Nov 17, 2014

Just gaming, but I tend to keep my setup for a long time. I've had my i920 for six years and the only real reason I'm upgrading is to give my pic to my brother, other wise I'd just keep it. I thought about just going with the i5 but I'm sure games will only get more cpu hungry as time goes on and I'd prefer to just spend the money now rather than want to up grade later. If i needed to move some money around for a better piece of this build it would be an option though.