Computer sometimes freezes and restarts randomly!!! Error code 55

JamesPlusGames

Reputable
Apr 29, 2014
So back in May of this year I built my first ever Computer! So I bought all the parts and started building it. As I booted the PC for the first time It gave me an error in the Q-code that read the numbers "55". I got the motherboard manual out and when to the section with the all numbers. As it turns out its a memory error. I bought a new Motherboard and it still would not boot up. We bought new RAM and still nothing. Although in the first 2 RAM slots no matter what order they were in it would read "55". I played around with the RAM and for some reason they have to be on the last 2 (slots b3 and b4 correct me if I'm wrong). I was so happy. I thought everything was working. But then as time passed my computer would just completely freeze (You would have to turn off the Power supply to make it turn off and re boot) It would even restart. At times It would restart up to 4 times an hour, Sometimes a day or two maybe pass without rebooting. I went around looking at the Forums of various websites including Toms Hardware but I still couldn't find a valid solution. We took the computer to Tiger Direct and the guy said everything was fine. The Power supply cables were all in the correct slots, Cpu arrow aligned with the arrow on the Motherboard etc. But still nothing.. We bought 2 new Motherboards (first one was an Asus z87 Pro second one was a Asus Maximus VI Hero which is the one I'm using) I also want to say that I updated the bios and all of my drivers are up top date. So Guys I am very frustrated with this. If anyone needs more information please feel free to put it down. Thanks for taking the time to read this.