Help required about Solid-State Drives (SSD)

Saad Tariq

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2014
Hello everyone,

I will be quick to ask. I am planning to upgrade to SSD. I want to put my OS on it only. For other data, I will use my already installed WD Black Caviar Hard drive. I want to know that is it worthful to upgrade or not that much in performance? I feel that I get lag sometimes in games due to hard drive I/O access. I have a little old system and I use it for gaming purpose mostly. I could play Battlefield 4, Team fortress 2, Far Cry 4, Cod - AW with 60 or more fps at full settings. My specs are:
i5-2300, 6GB ram 1333 Mhz Corsair, H67 M-PRO mobo, WD caviar Black, GTX 760 2GB.

Need suggestions that should I buy it or not. Is it worth enough if I ask in terms of performance?

An SSD will not improve your frame rates or lag, period. It will improve the time it takes to load a game or load a new level.
To get this advantage, you would need one large enough to install both your OS and your games. It will make using the rest of the features of the machine feel "snappier," a little faster to respond.

Saad Tariq

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2014

Thank you. This is clear now. I was thinking the same but I want to confirm that.