Can I connect both the DVI-I and HDMI ports on my Nvidia 750 Ti to my one 27inch HD LCD Monitor?

attackcenter

Reputable
Nov 20, 2014
I currently am using a DVI-I to vga adapter to use my Nvidia 750 Ti with my 27 inch HD monitor. I like the fact that I am able to have a sharp refresh rate of 85mhz at 1024x768, which looks good to my eyes. I am wanting to also hook up a HDMI cable from my Nvidia 750 Ti to my 27 inch LCD HD monitor (having both connections at the same time). The plan would be to use the Windows 7 display properties and just switch the default monitor whenever I want HDCP compatibility and watch 1080P videos to its potential. This way I can still switch back to vga and retain 1024x768 at 85mhz. I had heard that HDMI wants to support only between 60mhz to the 75mhz range, is this correct? Unfortunately, my HD LCD monitor does not have a displayport port, but the Nvidia 750 Ti does. Anyone? Thanks.

Solution
HDMI is capped at 60 Hz I believe.

Anyway, to answer your question... Yes, you can connect both cables to the card and monitor. You can easily switch by going through the options on your monitor by changing the input.

Cats869

Honorable
Aug 16, 2014
HDMI is capped at 60 Hz I believe.

Anyway, to answer your question... Yes, you can connect both cables to the card and monitor. You can easily switch by going through the options on your monitor by changing the input.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS