Best computer monitor for eyes? I'm having awful side effects from gaming.

jeremyj

Reputable
Nov 21, 2014
So I game for a few hours at a time. I have a 37" LCD or LED(I forgot) TV as my computer monitor. I use to have a 32" TV as my monitor. Always after gaming for even an hour, I physically feel like crap the rest of the day, nauseous, and have brain fog. I don't know if this is "computer vision syndrome" or eye fatigue. I know I'm probably sitting way too close to my TV, it would be like sitting on your living room floor watching TV from 2 feet away, it can't be good. Would buying an actual computer monitor (a decently big size, but probably not as big) make a difference in how I feel after gaming sessions? Or am I just forever screwed because my body doesn't like me staring at a screen period? Recommendations for monitors or ideas are welcome. Thank you.

Solution
A smaller display is a good idea, at that sort of distance a 22" monitor would be far more suitable, for one thing you won't be constantly looking around the display area.
Human eyes don't like focusing at short distances for long periods of time, try pausing the game every half hour or so and look out of a window or at something further away for a few minuets.
If you're having issues when playing games, TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR! The effects could be symptoms of something more damaging, your eyes are precious, and you only have one brain, look after them/it.
A smaller display is a good idea, at that sort of distance a 22" monitor would be far more suitable, for one thing you won't be constantly looking around the display area.
Human eyes don't like focusing at short distances for long periods of time, try pausing the game every half hour or so and look out of a window or at something further away for a few minuets.
If you're having issues when playing games, TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR! The effects could be symptoms of something more damaging, your eyes are precious, and you only have one brain, look after them/it.

Solution

jelena1

Reputable
Jan 22, 2015
Hi everyone. I research market about harmful blue light emitted from digital screens, for my master's thesis.
I have survey about coating for glasses which it uses to protect your eyes of harmful blue light emitted from computers, tablets, smartphones, LED ilumination bulbs... I want to know if people have problem with eyes when spend many hours a day in front of computer, would they use any protect for their eyes.
Can you help me and answer on this few question, please.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1iK6K1zMZVMnnwv0-ys6I1NGZU7eNZmRkTt1iXDHQE6E/viewform?usp=send_form

Tpayne415

Reputable
Jul 9, 2015
Hey Jeremy, Your not screwed forever. You just need some computer glasses. They will alleviate all your CVS symptoms, like headaches, eyestrain, neck aches and brain fog. Try www.francisdrakeeyewear.com. I got a pair from them and they have done wonders for me. Plus, they are not expensive.