not tech savvy, looking for new gpu

Byegge

Reputable
Aug 22, 2014
Hey guys, i am looking to upgrade my video card but i have a few questions. Im relatively new to pc gaming/building.
first ill list my current set up because i know you will ask for it
amd fx8350
asus m5a97
pny gtx 660
700w corsair psu, has 30amp on 12v if that factors into this
8gb gskill 1600
hyper 212 pcu cooler

im looking to spend 200-250, and i am not opposed to buying a used card from a reputable seller.
so here are my concerns.

1. will my budget grant me a noticeable gain in graffics on games coming out. (currently running far cry 4 on medium/high with no vsync and no aa at ~ 40/45 fps, bf4 on high at around 60-75 fps)

1.A. Will sli with another 660 even be an option, given that i can get one for around a 100 bucks.

2. should i stay with nvidia or go the r9 route.(not trying to stir things up here)

2.A. If i go with the radeon cards, will i have a bunch of driver conflicts with the nvidia ones, Like i stated in the title, im not very tech savvy and if my new card is not pretty much plug and play i will smash things. I feel like if i stick with nvidia my life will be simpler.

3.Which brand would you recomend in either radeon or nvidia?

Thanks so much in advance

sreeramnair

Reputable
Apr 2, 2014
Hello bro, your rig is awesome, buy I suggest you to buy a Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 as it is much better than the 660. It has better driver support and supports new Anti Aliasing techniques. Go for the Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 Zotac AMP! Edition or the MSI Hawk Edition so as to match with your rig. This can run Battlefield 4 at 120 FPS And Far Cry 4 at 63 FPS in high settings. Good luck bro. Don't forget to select this as the best solution.