Serious problem with ASUS VG248QE monitor - PLEASE HELP!

Shay Zilbershtein

Reputable
Nov 22, 2014
Hello,

I'm experiencing terrible screen interference with my brand new Asus VG248QE monitor.
I've purchased it on September 2014, from a licensed Asus supplier in my country and ever since then I tried figuring out what's wrong with it.
I'm trying to run it as a single screen connected via dual-link dvi to an msi gtx 980 gaming 4g.
At first, the problem occurred only on start-up, until windows booted up... BUT NOW the monitor seems to work fine for several minutes/hours and suddenly go brezerk making it impossible to work with.
I already tried everything I could think of, trying to troubleshoot the issue.
I tried several DVI cables and several HDMI cables - the problem occurred with all of them.
I tried to connect it to FOUR different computers (2 PCs and 2 laptops) and the problem occurred on all of them.
I tried running it at 1080p 60hrz/120hrz/144hrz - problem occurred every single time.
I tried running it in different locations to check if its something environmental causing the interference - problem occurred in every location/computer I hooked it up to.
I tried to connect the monitor to computers with different OS - win 7 pro/win 8/win 8.1 - problem occurred every single time.
ALL computers I tried work fine with other LCD monitors.

The monitor is brand new (only 2 months in my possession) and is under full warranty.
I tried to RMA it once and it was sent to an Asus computer lab in my country.
The technician found nothing wrong with it so it was sent back to me. I tried to show him a video I made showcasing the problem but he wasn't interested, saying "In the lab it worked fine".

I'M STILL EXPERIENCING THE PROBLEM.

Here is a link to a video I made showcasing the interference I'm having (I've captured the problem on 3 different computers). Sorry but the video is in my native language.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzEdKp77OLs

I'm planning on sending it back, doing a second RMA on the monitor. but what if the lab guys can't find the problem?
Please help me, I need some advice.
What am I supposed to do then? Who do I talk too?
This is one expensive monitor, I don't want it to go to waste.

Thanks,
Shay.

Solution
The monitor is faulty. Don't give up on their customer service. Call them back, ask to speak with a manager, etc. If you are persistent enough, they will replace it for you. Good luck, sorry you had to go through that.

Shay Zilbershtein

Reputable
Nov 22, 2014

tried it, dvi and hdmi cables work fine with other monitors, other monitors work fine with my computers, this doesn't seem to be a cable issue, nor a graphics card issue.
thanks anyway.

Shay Zilbershtein

Reputable
Nov 22, 2014

Tried it with four different computers. didn't help.
I now truly believe the monitor is faulty but Asus certified technician didn't find anything wrong with it. as I mentioned in my first post the lab report I got back stated that the monitor was checked and works fine.

Lowie1771

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013
The monitor is faulty. Don't give up on their customer service. Call them back, ask to speak with a manager, etc. If you are persistent enough, they will replace it for you. Good luck, sorry you had to go through that.

Solution