HDMI Port Does Not Output On R9 270X

Aug 4, 2014
Ive got an R9 270x graphics card with a vga cable going to my main monitor and a HDMI lead going to my TV. Although the leads fits fine, and works on my xbox to my tv, the computer wont recognise any other monitor input?

Ive uninstalled and re-installed all the latest drivers for my chipset and GPU but no luck.

Thanks Sam

Solution
I suppose you have tried the Windows-Key + P already? Please set this option as you would like to use the tv (as a duplicate of what you see on your pc or as a dedicated monitor)

rakoja

Reputable
Nov 16, 2014
I suppose you have tried the Windows-Key + P already? Please set this option as you would like to use the tv (as a duplicate of what you see on your pc or as a dedicated monitor)

Solution
Aug 4, 2014

yeah thats fixed it :D thanks, i feel like a dick :sarcastic:

rakoja

Reputable
Nov 16, 2014
I'm glad to hear that it's working now ;)

Just a note for the future: In the Catalyst Controll Center you should be able to select which of the two outputs is the main desktop. Some graphics cards tend to think that the hdmi output is the primary monitor, that can be annoying if you start your pc, your tv is turned off and you wonder why there is nothing to see on the monitor.

Aug 4, 2014

Thanks for the tip. But what worked earlier is now not. The TV detects no 2nd monitor (TV) and the windows key + p doesnt work anymore any help?