HDMI Port Does Not Output On R9 270X

Aug 4, 2014
Ive got an R9 270x graphics card with a vga cable going to my main monitor and a HDMI lead going to my TV. Although the leads fits fine, and works on my xbox to my tv, the computer wont recognise any other monitor input?

Ive uninstalled and re-installed all the latest drivers for my chipset and GPU but no luck.

Thanks

Aug 4, 2014

yeah. While the hdmi lead i plugged in both ends the computer and tv show no signs of recieving a signal. Not the tv though cos the games console works in the same slot.

Aug 4, 2014

I have used the windows key + p command and selected all the option but no luck. I have uninstallled and re-installed all the latest AMD drivers. And also restarted the computer.

ycowboy

Reputable
Nov 22, 2014
When your installing the drivers, make sure you tick the hdmi port driver
When installing the drivers, go to custom and click select all, this might fix it

- Euan

G

With the sound operating on the PC (and recent versions of Windows) you'd expect to hear a beep (new device found) when you connect the HDMI cable ...

Aug 4, 2014

No the card works fine as the first monitor still works and if i was to connect my first monitor with hdmi it works. Onboard hdmi is for APU only on my mobo.

G

What happens if you have an existing HDMI monitor as your primary screen on the GPU, then add the second screen in ?