HP ENVY 32-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitor Quad-HD

framkem

Honorable
Mar 10, 2013
It's simple, I can't find a decent review anywhere for this monitor. I am thinking about buying it mainly for gaming and I want to know what you guys think.

http://www.amazon.com/HP-32-Inch-LED-Lit-Monitor-Quad-HD/dp/B00NNQGHXC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1416720605&sr=8-1&keywords=HP+ENVY+32-Inch+Screen+LED-Lit+Monitor+Quad-HD

One of the things that bothers me the most is the fact that HP is behaving like they don't have any relation to this monitor. You can't even see it on their website. You can barely find the thing in their website. They don't seem to care about advertising it; if it wasn't for amazon (on page 3) I would never have seen this. Which makes me think, "does HP not believe in it's own product"?

CHasle

Distinguished
May 30, 2006
I'm also looking for info about the HP ENVY 32 QHD monitor. It looks like a good fit for my needs for a large format display where I can see big text far from the monitor on relatively older hardware that can't drive the 3440 monitors.

Was about to pull the trigger but see an "Item Under Review" note on Amazon item about a problem reported by users but with no other explanation. Out of stock, long shipping, monitor explodes in the northern hemisphere after 3pm? Enquiring minds want to know. I do see the item on the HP website now, and the few customer comments and reviews I can find are positive. Maybe I'll just go ahead and order on Newegg.

Charlie

Justin Sheppard

Reputable
Jan 9, 2015

It's back on Amazon and was down to $385 a few days ago (back at $450 now). The review was because someone complained that they couldn't plug their VGA video system into the monitor without a converter (display port and HDMI only). I guess they couldn't read the description. I bought this a couple of weeks ago and love it for gaming and web browsing. The image rivals my LG IPS display at any angle and the colors are good. I'd wait for it to drop back to about $400-$25 and get one.

CHasle

Distinguished
May 30, 2006
Thanks for the reply, Justin, I got one about the time you replied and also am happy with it.

Bright screen, and it works reasonably well at 1920 resolution which I'm using until I decide to replace an old video card.

I like this a lot more than Crossover 30 inch 2560 monitor that I picked up a couple years ago because it is much brighter. As well, 2560 pixels on 32 inches doesn't leave the font size tiny when paired with a lower res monitor; font scaling might be an issue for some with some smaller 4K monitors, if you like big monitors partly so you get big text.

My guess is the 2560 resolution is not going to be emphasized a lot now that there are 4k monitors at nearly the same price, which might explain why this HP Envy 32 is not being pushed, but it definitely suits my needs ...

TRENDING THREADS