Nvidia Surround with 2 Soyos and 1 HP monitor?

Eric Swenson

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013
Hi, currently using AMD eyefinity on a 7970 with these 3 1920x1200 24" monitors:

1) Soyo L24EI over DVI
2) Soyo M24EI5 over DVI (Weird, bought these at the same time, came in the same box)
3) HP ZR24w over Displayport

Eyefinity works great. However I'm thinking of jumping back to team green for multiple reasons (including better linux drivers) and hopping on a GTX 970 or something, and want to know if Nvidia 2D Surround will work with them. I've seen a lot of advice saying that they have to be the exact same model, and some saying they just need to be the same resolution (they are) and running at the same refresh rate (60Hz, they are or can) and the same sync polarity- whatever that is.

I'm thinking of building a new computer next year with the Titan II or whatever full Maxwell GM200 card comes out, which I plan to pair with a 2560p or 4k G-sync monitor. If Nvidia surround can't work like eyefinity does then I'll just stick with what I have for now

Solution
Your second statement is correct. They only have to be the same resolution and refresh rate for 2D Surround, so your monitors should be fine if you wish to switch to Nvidia :)

That being said, all 3 monitors also have to plug into the same card. An SLI configuration will not power any monitors plugged into the second card, so just be warned of this.

CraigN

Distinguished
Your second statement is correct. They only have to be the same resolution and refresh rate for 2D Surround, so your monitors should be fine if you wish to switch to Nvidia :)

That being said, all 3 monitors also have to plug into the same card. An SLI configuration will not power any monitors plugged into the second card, so just be warned of this.

Solution