Problem: 5.1 audio won't work on newly build PC

KichiroGaming

Reputable
Nov 23, 2014
Hello,

Yesterday me and my friend build a new PC. Everything went alright only the audio is not working great. I have a 5.1 surround system and a 7.1 surround gaming headset and they both had bad audio quality.

I can only hear the 2 front speakers with the surround system and with the headset I can hear everything but the subwoofer makes not a bass sound but more like a dull drum sound which is awful to hear!

Both surround system and headset worked great on my previous PC so I am pretty sure that they are working fine but I think that my motherboard is not doing well or isn't configured in the right way.

I looked up at my drivers from realtek and they were up-to-date. I also checked if they are compatible with 5.1 audio systems and they are.

Can someone help me please? :(

My specs are:

Motherboard: Z97 Gaming 5
Headset: Razer Tiamat 7.1
Surround System: Logitech Speaker System z906

Kichiro

KichiroGaming

Reputable
Nov 23, 2014
You mean at the control panel -> hardware and sound -> sound -> configure -> test ?

Then I only hear the two front speakers and nothing else.
I am pretty sure they are connected right on my PC and also on the system it self. I haven't touched my speaker set at all I just unplugged it from my old computer and then plugged it back in onto my new pc.

I had some problems recognizing which plug needs to fit where because on the motherboard there were no colours but names.

Green cable: L-out
Yellow cable: CS-out
Red cable: Mic
Black cable: RS-out
Grey cable- SS-out

This is connect right?