Yamakasi Catleap 2B Extreme OC vs QNIX QX2710 Evolution ll ----- Questions

jjk1107

Honorable
Nov 6, 2012
Hello Experts,

I am hoping to purchase a 27" monitor from Yamakasi or Qnix (the OC models) but I am having a hard time on which one to purchase. I was hoping to get some clarification regarding these two models.

1) I normally prefer matte displays but I hear that glossy panels aren't that bad as well. "Glossy" doesn't mean tempered glass right?

2) If you guys had to pick one of these models, which one would you prefer?

3) Will a GTX 970 run one of these monitors effectively at 60+ FPS? I don't play the most FPS heavy games like BF4 but I do want my games to look nice(FC4, Unity, Shadow of Mordor, etc)

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Why not just get the Overlord Tempest X270OC? It's an overclockable 1440p IPS monitor but it does have a glossy display. Matte and glossy displays just have different styles of coating. Glossy ones tend to be more vivid but have a lot of glare. Matte displays are more suitable for bright and outdoor environments. I personally prefer glossy displays.

Oh and the 970 is a great card that is pretty much built for 1440p.

dovah-chan

Honorable
Why not just get the Overlord Tempest X270OC? It's an overclockable 1440p IPS monitor but it does have a glossy display. Matte and glossy displays just have different styles of coating. Glossy ones tend to be more vivid but have a lot of glare. Matte displays are more suitable for bright and outdoor environments. I personally prefer glossy displays.

Oh and the 970 is a great card that is pretty much built for 1440p.

Solution

Mendozza

Reputable
Dec 18, 2014

I am interested in this as well. While the Overlord Tempest looks nice, what are the chances of being able to get one? They still have not delivered orders from back in September.

TRENDING THREADS