In search of good monitor for gaming

Rioisbeast

Honorable
Jan 10, 2013
Hi guys, I've been using the default monitor that came with my old pre-built computer for a while now and I'm looking to upgrade to a better monitor. I'm looking for around a 21-24 in monitor at 1080p. I would like it to be good for gaming as it will be used to display a gaming pc and an xbox. The most important thing for me is that the monitor makes colors look good. I will sacrifice a bit of gaming performance for a prettier picture if I have to as I don't play competitively. It must have a DVI-D port and an HDMI port to run my PC and xbox. I would prefer it to have a mat screen and a mat bezel as well. My budget is under $300 but that's not set in stone. Thanks for any suggestions and input that you guys have I appreciate it all.

Solution
AS far as a good all around Budget LCD Monitor This Acer H236HLbid ( https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/acer-monitor-umvh6aa003 ). The IPS panel is great for the other tasks you will be doing on your PC. Though Higher refresh rate Displays Such as the Asus VG24QE or BenQ XL2411Z at 144Hz are great for Gaming as if the game is pushing High enough Framerates. That and the TN panels do have quicker response times and less ghosting in general. It is a trade off between color accuracy , color depth and not having color banding, which most TN panels will have. I cannot recommend a 60Hz TN panel , from the ones I have seen anyway. PLS, IPS or VA are not really Marketed towards Gaming but they sure do paint a pretty picture

Josh138

Honorable
Jul 7, 2013
I would recomend the monitor that I have, and ASUS 23.9" display that is LED and 1080p. It does not have integrated speakers though and the bezel is gloss. If you are looking to run a 360 off of it that may be a problem. However, I believe Viewsonic has some with cheap integrated speakers that won't match pc speakers' audio quality but will get the job done. If you run a headset through the controller I think this problem can be avoided though. Above all, get something that is LED (the colors are much better imo).

Rioisbeast

Honorable
Jan 10, 2013

I don't need integrated speakers as I have desktop speakers already. Also what is the model number on the asus monitor you have.

Vitric9

Distinguished
AS far as a good all around Budget LCD Monitor This Acer H236HLbid ( https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/acer-monitor-umvh6aa003 ). The IPS panel is great for the other tasks you will be doing on your PC. Though Higher refresh rate Displays Such as the Asus VG24QE or BenQ XL2411Z at 144Hz are great for Gaming as if the game is pushing High enough Framerates. That and the TN panels do have quicker response times and less ghosting in general. It is a trade off between color accuracy , color depth and not having color banding, which most TN panels will have. I cannot recommend a 60Hz TN panel , from the ones I have seen anyway. PLS, IPS or VA are not really Marketed towards Gaming but they sure do paint a pretty picture

Solution