Getting started in programming

Nolce

Reputable
Feb 18, 2014
I need some help and advice on getting started in programming. Such as recommended compilers and things like that. I had recently installed the Digital Mars compiler but it is to confusing to use.

Solution

Start with BASIC (any version works, VB.NET is great) to get a feel for programming and then move on to C to get familiar with the fundamentals.

C is a particularly useful teaching language because it's a very deep and narrow programming language. It allows the programmer to do damn near anything (leaning on inline assembly for the rest) but has a very limited standard library. This encourages programmers to implement algorithms and components on their own rather than simply finding a function to do those same things for them.

Kewlx25

Distinguished
If I was to recommend, I would recommend C#(.Net), it's a nice language to start with, very flexible and powerful, while implementing a lot of nicer features to help with clean code.

If you're looking more for C/C++, you can use gcc or clang.

Start with BASIC (any version works, VB.NET is great) to get a feel for programming and then move on to C to get familiar with the fundamentals.

C is a particularly useful teaching language because it's a very deep and narrow programming language. It allows the programmer to do damn near anything (leaning on inline assembly for the rest) but has a very limited standard library. This encourages programmers to implement algorithms and components on their own rather than simply finding a function to do those same things for them.

Solution

RockyMark

Reputable
Dec 3, 2014
To start with the programming, C is the best language to start with.
C is the basic language. Its syntax and structure is also very easy to learn as compared to the other programming languages.

TRENDING THREADS