Better suggestion for sharing 2 remote monitors and 2 PC's 25 feet away.

Pardana

Reputable
Mar 21, 2014
I have two newish PC's, 1 for work, 1 for play . Both of them need to use video and audio for training, editing, programming and gaming. My wife is remodeling my office and wants them on a bookshelf and for me to have only 2 big monitors with very few cables on my desk which is about 25 feet away if I run wires under the floor and wall. I have a switched 1GB lan, USB 3.0 and both monitors have HDMI and display port. I tried running Netflix and video editing over RDP and it lags and has choppy audio. I have considered video over USB 3.0 with hubs, and I have thought of HDMI over Ethernet with maybe a switch. maybe wireless? Does anyone have a suggestion?

Solution
Anything wireless is going to not be reliable, especially any fast video.. You can get hdmi over cat5 extenders but there is really no reason to do that over just running a couple hdmi cables (fyi the cat5 hdmi extenders is separate and cant be plugged into a networking switch.

Your truly best option is to use hardwired cables. You will be pushing the limits on usb with 25ft
Anything wireless is going to not be reliable, especially any fast video.. You can get hdmi over cat5 extenders but there is really no reason to do that over just running a couple hdmi cables (fyi the cat5 hdmi extenders is separate and cant be plugged into a networking switch.

Your truly best option is to use hardwired cables. You will be pushing the limits on usb with 25ft

Solution