Monitor goes all crazy with colors and screen tearing.

BlasphemousMusic

Distinguished
May 21, 2009
I've had this issue for a long time. Its getting bothersome now because its to the point its doing it all the time.

LG3JHgl.jpg

I have an ati radeon 7700 from best buy I got like 2 years ago. I am using dual monitors. I have the drivers updated, brand new HDD...etc This happens when I am looking on the internet at sites, usually with things like a YT video or sometimes FB. It used to do it when a video was play via the internet (google chrome is all I use) but today it did it on FB, with no videos on the screen.

Any suggestions would help. I am currently typing from my second montior as the first one is all crazy again. The only way to fix it is to restart my pc.

I will post any specs, set ups, or what ever is needed to try and resolve this. Hopefully its a software issue, which I think it has to be.

Please help!

BlasphemousMusic

Distinguished
May 21, 2009
just wanted to add, after reading many things under my post. I checked the vsync always on, updated drivers, cpu is cleaned and reseated with heat sink, cpu and gpu are not running hot.

Why would a website, typically something with video or moving, cause this to happen? And its only on my main, left monitor and not the right?