Good all-around Monitor 23-24, PWM free? How's Eizo?

alexb75

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2004
I am looking for 1 or 2 monitors in 23-24 range for main PC, media server, light gaming. It'd be off an R9-270 card and Core i7-4790, and would also be used as the monitor for hooking up my work laptop too when I work from home.

So, looking for an IPS, PWM-free, and a display with decent lag and refresh rate with top color reproduction and text clarity.

I've come across Eizo as an alternative, while having little experience with it, but it looks like it has some of the best Gaming (Foris), and office monitors (2336W) that is IPS and PWM-free... now how's the experience been here? What else is good? Like from Asus, Samsung or Dell?

No way to find out. It's hard to tell since literally NONE OF THE COMPANIES GAVE A S*** if it's PWM-free or not. Hopefully this one doesn't. And since I read that BenQ doesn't I did some searches and it turns out the only IPS panels they have costs >$300, and it's 2K.

alexb75

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2004
TFTCentral and PRAD (german) websites test for PWM-free, and Asus is not tested so cannot tell. The Eizo and latest Dell offering get some great reviews. NEC top of the list, but those are very expensive. I am leaning towards Dell 2413 or 2415 for now for a 16x10 display, but both are new and quite expensive. Eizo is even better, but so hard to find in US, let alone Canada where I am!